free website stats program stage 1 kit or ut limited | Harley Davidson Forums

stage 1 kit or ut limited

bubba1213

I am buying a 2011 limited someone told me i need to put as stage one kit on it but the guy at the dealer ship said it already has one any thoughts

Look at the back of the air filter. If you can see the element something has been done.

Is it a new bike? If so it doesn't have a Stage I on it right from the showroom floor. Maybe he was talking about the larger engine displacement you get with a Limited.

would you recommend puting the stage 1 kit on it...

If you have the means to do so, absolutely. However, as discussed at length on this forum, the catalytic converters on the 2010 and 2011 models can get extremely hot. To correct this, you will need to replace your header pipes (or modify the stock ones). This is in addition to a typical "Stage 1."

does anyone know what that might cost

This really depends on your personal choices for an air cleaner, fuel tuner, and exhaust. The prices range GREATLY in all three areas. They are all discussed at length on the forum. Just try searching for them individually or for "Stage 1." I highly recommend purchasing the two shop manuals for the bike (mechanical and electrical) and completing the Stage 1 yourself. You will really learn a lot about your machine, save a lot of money, and it isn't too difficult.

If you have the means to do so, absolutely. However, as discussed at length on this forum, the catalytic converters on the 2010 and 2011 models can get extremely hot. To correct this, you will need to replace your header pipes (or modify the stock ones). This is in addition to a typical "Stage 1."

This really depends on your personal choices for an air cleaner, fuel tuner, and exhaust. The prices range GREATLY in all three areas. They are all discussed at length on the forum. Just try searching for them individually or for "Stage 1." I highly recommend purchasing the two shop manuals for the bike (mechanical and electrical) and completing the Stage 1 yourself. You will really learn a lot about your machine, save a lot of money, and it isn't too difficult.

I see you have an limited may I ask what kind of pipes you put on yours ?
I am sorta affraid to do that sort of stuff my self affraid I will mess it up

Vance & Hines Power Duals and Vance & Hines Monster Ovals.

(also K&N Stage 1 Air Filter/bracket and Power Commander V fuel tuner).

are the pipes really loud?? I am looking for a nice rumble dont want real loud ya know

does the K&N Stage 1 Air Filter/bracket and Power Commander V fuel tuner help

sorry for all the questions

Back