free website stats program stage 1 kit or ut limited | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

stage 1 kit or ut limited

Bubba:
You will want to find a stock header less the CAT and use it. I am pretty sure the stock headers off any 96" will fit, but you better check. As far as changing slip on pipes, you can do it I promise. ( EZ) This needs to be done as it will run very hot otherwise. I would also recommend using a full synthetic oil as this will also drop the temps a bit. I run Mobil One V twin full syn oil and I did from the 1000 mile check up. Get some headers without the cats, some decent pipes, a open air cleaner and fuel management and the scooter will run much better and cooler. You can do all this for less than $1000. Basically a Stage One kit.

I have the exact same setup with V&H Power Duels, V&H Monster Ovals and the PC-V. The Monster Ovals are not very loud at all. A deeper sound than stock and more growl during excelleration. I do wish they were a little louder myself, although they are a great touring muffler, with good performance.

Bubba:
You will want to find a stock header less the CAT and use it. I am pretty sure the stock headers off any 96" will fit, but you better check.

I believe that the rear header pipe routing changed with the 2009s (rear cylinder pipes now run below the frame instead of under the rider's seat), so you might want to double check this before taking this route.

Back