free website stats program Stage 1 ECM flash | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Stage 1 ECM flash

Stage One flash simply returns your bike to the same lean condition it had when it was new. A fuel tuner will cool your bike down and give you a small boost in power. The TFI from Dobeck is a great, simple tuner and you get a forum discount, too. If you want something that allows you to tinker more with the settings, there's several other good options. Just let us know which way you're leaning and you'll get lots of help and input.

How can the engine run lean if it has an o2 sensor on it?

How can the engine run lean if it has an o2 sensor on it?

The air fuel ration is preset. The oxygen sensor read the emissions coming through exhaust. It relays a signal back to ECM, which processes signal and adjust air fuel to preset level. The leanness is caused that the EPA wants minimum emissions out of exhaust. Hence lean condition.

The Fuel Pak should cool it down some, I don't have any experience with the Fuel Pak though. Don't think any tuner will give better gas mileage though since it feeds a richer mix than the EPA mandated lean hot mix.

My TFI doesn't give much noticeable drop in mileage but definitely not better mileage. It sure runs cooler and better though. I also have an oil cooler. I'm kinda of a gaget guy (at least when I have the money).
Same here. I just had the Dobeck TFI installed at the end of last year and the bike definitely runs better and sounds noticeably better too but, there has been a drop off in mpg since having that installed. I am going to get in touch with Dobeck this Spring when I get the bike up and running and see if they can help me tweak the settings a bit if possible to get better gas mileage. I hear their tech support is top notch so I'll find out.

Hi, just a follow up. the install of the V&H dresser duals, V&H fuel pack and the K&N stage 1 air cleaner kit all went very well. the setting for the fuel pak for this set up were already right on target. i think that removing the CATs did not reduce the heat like i thought it would but it did reduce it some. i do find that there was some sacrifice at the low end but my baby has plenty of power and the higher ends and responds well. the sound is now very throaty and provides noise when i need it and when crusing she just purrs. overall i am very satisfied with the upgrades, thanks for the help
patrick

Back