free website stats program Stage 1 ECM flash | Harley Davidson Forums

Stage 1 ECM flash

pjciii

i have a 2010 flhtcu. will be putting on V&H dresser duals, V&H fuel pack and a K&N stage 1 air cleaner kit. already have V&H oval slip ons. my question is will i need the factory stage 1 ecm download or will the fuel pack be able to buff out the rough spots? anyone know and is there a setting for the fuel pack for that setup without the download?
thanks
patrick

Go to the V/H website and type in your info to get your fuelpak settings. Easy install and the V/H customer service is very good!

I take it you already have the fuel pak ?

You don't need the HD dealer download in any case. I had that and ended up having to get Doebeck TFI to cool mine down.

Hammerhead's right on V&H's. They are good on the phone, I have a set of pipes from them but don't bother trying to email them. They stopped replying to that media last time I tried.

Good luck with it.

i do have the V&H fuel pack alreay and the duals. nothing is out of the box yet. going thru service manual first. i am trying to cool it down and get better gas milage. it cant help but cool it down somewhat when that cat is out of there. i already installed an oil cooler. every little bit helps. thanks hammehead an R_W_B. anyone else on he dresser duals and heat?
patrick

If you are using a fuel pack no need to spend the $$$$ on a dealer down load that just basically raises RPM cut off. That is one step you can skip.

i do have the V&H fuel pack alreay and the duals. nothing is out of the box yet. going thru service manual first. i am trying to cool it down and get better gas milage. it cant help but cool it down somewhat when that cat is out of there. i already installed an oil cooler. every little bit helps. thanks hammehead an R_W_B. anyone else on he dresser duals and heat?
patrick

I have the Dresser Duals on my Ultra and love them. They look good and compared to the stock headers with the cat, hardly any heat at all. Enjoy!

The Fuel Pak should cool it down some, I don't have any experience with the Fuel Pak though. Don't think any tuner will give better gas mileage though since it feeds a richer mix than the EPA mandated lean hot mix.

My TFI doesn't give much noticeable drop in mileage but definitely not better mileage. It sure runs cooler and better though. I also have an oil cooler. I'm kinda of a gaget guy (at least when I have the money).

I have a 2009 flhtcui with a ness a/c k&n filter and American Custom slip-ons. Do I need some sort of fuel tuner or stage 1 flash. even though the o2 sensor should keep the fuel mixture in check? Any and all input will be appreciated. thanks

I have a 2009 flhtcui with a ness a/c k&n filter and American Custom slip-ons. Do I need some sort of fuel tuner or stage 1 flash. even though the o2 sensor should keep the fuel mixture in check? Any and all input will be appreciated. thanks

Stage One flash simply returns your bike to the same lean condition it had when it was new. A fuel tuner will cool your bike down and give you a small boost in power. The TFI from Dobeck is a great, simple tuner and you get a forum discount, too. If you want something that allows you to tinker more with the settings, there's several other good options. Just let us know which way you're leaning and you'll get lots of help and input.

Back