free website stats program Sta-Bil Marine formula for ethanol gas. | Harley Davidson Forums

Sta-Bil Marine formula for ethanol gas.

Had a friend recommend this product to me today to put in my gas tank of my 2011 Ultra classic everytime i fill up because of the ethanol issues we have in the gas we now buy. I'm just curious on what any thoughts were about this....whether it's a good practice to do from now on or unecessary?:newsmile042:

Had a friend recommend this product to me today to put in my gas tank of my 2011 Ultra classic everytime i fill up because of the ethanol issues we have in the gas we now buy. I'm just curious on what any thoughts were about this....whether it's a good practice to do from now on or unecessary?:newsmile042:

A good product no doubt, every fill up I don't know, you can use Marvel Mystery oil too it will lube the top end and help the pump also JMO

Probably a good trick to do once every few fills & definitely before winter storage (if applicable). Marine-grade's good stuff & we used it all over the farm in various equipment for winter hibernation.

Probably a good trick to do once every few fills & definitely before winter storage (if applicable). Marine-grade's good stuff & we used it all over the farm in various equipment for winter hibernation.

I thought for a minute you were going to use that 4 letter word SNOW:p

I've always used Sta-bil Marine but some of the guys around here are talking more about Star Tron. I don't have any test data and I haven't tried it yet but I'll give it a try in my sled. And yes, I said a bad word, it's almost time for me to switch gears and get ready for sn*w!:p

Thanks for the web site. It says to use at every fill up to prevent the corrosion affect that ethanol can cause. It also said that it was designed for marine engines but is safe to use in any gasoline engine.

No problem, we are all looking for ways to take care of our rides.

Back