free website stats program Sportsters problems? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Sportsters problems?

1st up its the carbed bikes that dont like the cold :D i know i rode one thru many a winter and used a fortune in fuel treatment to stop it freezing the carb :(
as for the 1st gear not on the new ones again this goes back to the 1st Evo's when they brought out the 5spds, i have never to this day seen an issue with 1st gear on any of mine or my friends.
All you need to watch on the FI bikes is the fuse block this will need a liberal coating of dielectric grease to stop the fuses and relays coroding

My understanding is in 2010 there is finally a cover over the fuse block, but I could not get confirmation if it was retrofit-"able" to older models. Does anyone with a new 2010 have a clue or picture of this new cover to see? The one I made for my bike was conveniently "pitched" by the HD dealer...along with some other transgressions.

As for cold weather, my 2004 loves it...and in hot weather, also started easily in the past...but now I am running into a dreaded thermal intermittant ignition problem again.:(

Last edited:
Back