free website stats program Speedo & Odometer quit working | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Speedo & Odometer quit working

I am late to this one. But it may help others.
When we have issues with burnt LED's in instrument clusters, we have a local guy that is able to test and replace them.
He has repaired LED lights in a customers Volvo in my Avalanch as well as other cars we have had in our shop.
Anyone else with this failed LED should check for a local cluster repair place. May save some money.

I had intermittent speedometer readings......eventually I took all fuses out and sandpaper cleaned them....if you do that, make sure to get all the sand grit off....do not put dielectric oil on them....it is non-conductive....then take your battery out and clean all ground connections after you sandpaper all the connections to your battery.....all the wiring has to be almost a perfect connection for all to work properly......you should also check the connections into the unit it self. This worked for me....have not had any problems since.....but you need to clean every ground connection or power connection.

Back