free website stats program Speedo & Odometer quit working | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Speedo & Odometer quit working

I was reading the manual and it says the button on the back of the speedo could be bad
I checked that out when I was doing diagnostics for power to it with a test light.
I wish it was that simple. Personally, I still am thinking that when the LED backlight goes out, as mine has, it's an indication that the unit itself is bad.
I have a certified motorcycle electrical diagnosis guy who will be back in town Tuesday next week. Hopefully, he can fix my problem and then I can share that info with you and the rest of the forum.

UPDATE !!!
After spending close to 10 hours myself, on testing every single circuit associated with speedometer functions (using just a test light and meter to test continuity, voltage, and ohms resistance, a per the shop manual), I came to the conclusion it HAD to be the speedo unit itself.
Ordered a brand new unit from Boardtracker Harley Davidson online parts catalogue.
Price: $235.00
Shipping: $5.00
Part Number: 67436-04A
They also program your mileage you quote them, prior to shipping.
Received the speedo two days after notification it had been shipped.
All is well now in Eastern North Cackalackey (NC) and the earth has returned to her normal orbit.
My correspondence was with their employee Anthony Wilson. Great service experience, in my opinion.
Hope this helps anyone who may also be having the same issues I had, to make the decision to bite the bullet and order a new unit.
P.S. This purchase from Boadtracker HD saved me right close to $100.00 compared to my local HD Store, as their price was 314.00 + Tax.

I'm surprised they charged shipping. They always had free shipping for orders over 100.00 bucks.
At least they still beat all others in their price.

Back