free website stats program Speed Limits conspiracy? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Speed Limits conspiracy?

hi
average speed camaras will be up & running in & around the peak district around easter,to make it safer for bikers ?? more lightly to fill there empty pockets.
ride safe

Spending more time on the road these days I too have noticed more speed traps. I unfortunately fell victim to two traps in the same day :small3d023:
Lucky for me the first officer I was able to convince I to issue me a warning. :D Not 30 miles later on the same highway I'm driving along using the cruise driving about 4 over the limit (not to be caught again) I crested a hill, the speed limit dropped quickly so I disengaged the cruise to slow with out braking to the limit. Well I should have used the brakes. :small3d023: I got it again not 20 minutes after the first one.

Later I learned that this area of highway has a reputation for generating revenue.

Now I set the cruise at the limit no more plus 4-8 mph, I want to keep my contributions to the government as limited as possible :D :D

Oh yeah...my wife was with me for both and I do not want to repeat that experience anytime soon. :newsmile055:

I worked in the city of aberdeen for 10 years on my 55 mile journey to work there were 9 new speed restrictions added during that time and i did get to know where all the police mobile photo me cameras could be sighted on that route

Brian

Every day the legislature in the USA works is a day we loose our rights and freedoms and money to the DICTATORS.:hummer:wall :mgun

Ahhh.......this is what you call progress!

Wait until the fatality rates start to rise because of increase passing etc. Then they'll increase enforcement even more! Oh the joy of keeping us safe!!!!

You would think that after decades of engineering and continious improvement to fatality rates they would actually increase speed limits to help move people along a little quicker.

Maybe if they did that, cagers would be less likely to have the confidence in texting or calling while crawling along at 40 or 55 mphs.......
OK. Cynical rant is over. Back to reality.

The longest speed trap is the TransCanada Hwy running from the Manitoba Border all the way to southern Ontario (90 kph). The OPP sure make money on that stretch as very few stay under the limit. Got stopped east of Thunder Bay in 2008 doing 125 in the 90 with our Grand Am; clocked me at 117 slowing down when I saw him behind the semi. Can't complain though, he wrote it up at 15kph over so I wouldn't end up with the points on my licence (my last ticket was 25 yrs ago). Still, it was a $156 fine, not a nice way to start a vacation.

Sounds like The Govt. revenge on the tax payers, the new way to fund public works programs, we are in for a bad ride

Back