free website stats program Speed Limits conspiracy? | Harley Davidson Forums

Speed Limits conspiracy?

sworrub

I don't know what it is like in other parts of the world but I have noticed in the UK especially counties near to where I live Cheshire and Derbyshire to name two where the national speed limit (60 mph in UK) is mysteriously changing to 50mph on the A roads while the smaller B roads with bad view and sometimes not wide enough for two vehicles to pass in some places are left at 60mph. Are speed limits reducing everywhere?

:bigsmiley29:Same here.There is a two lane semi rural road near my place that has been posted at 80kph since Queensland was settled.

Speed was dropped to 60 kph for Freeway upgrade,and never put back up.Road hasn't changed.Police presence has!

people will tend to speed on reduced speed roads because of look and feel, thus more tickets, thus more $ for the gov. we are in a world ressision right, the gov just makes it up somehow, seen this done in the us also.

:bigsmiley29:Same here.There is a two lane semi rural road near my place that has been posted at 80kph since Queensland was settled.

Speed was dropped to 60 kph for Freeway upgrade,and never put back up.Road hasn't changed.Police presence has!

It seems the saying FOLLOW THE $$$$$$$$$$... That expression works up here also!

Same problems OVER and UP here in far western WASHINGTON state..USA
A 55 MPH changed to 40 MPH, NOT a obstacle in sight, very level, straight road and RADAR every where.....$$$$$

You know the old saying:

******************* "THE BUCK STOPS HERE" *****************

and here and here and here and here and here

signed....BUBBIE

Also the same in Ohio. Speed limits adjusted down 5 mph here and there. It sure looks like a revenue generator.

Could they be ... SPEED TRAPS?

TQ

Speed traps is a non-legal term for controlled "Speed Zone"...:newsmile011: And yes, local municipalities are really doing this to generate revenue. Personally saw the local police do traffic stops on my residential street last 4 out of 5 working days this week. Different policemen and different vehicles. Oh on the 5th day there was an "amber" alert for missing 14 year old...helicopters, even a phone call with sheriff's recording...here in my "low crime" town...go figure. :small3d029:

Last edited:
Ahhh.......this is what you call progress!

Wait until the fatality rates start to rise because of increase passing etc. Then they'll increase enforcement even more! Oh the joy of keeping us safe!!!!

You would think that after decades of engineering and continious improvement to fatality rates they would actually increase speed limits to help move people along a little quicker.

Maybe if they did that, cagers would be less likely to have the confidence in texting or calling while crawling along at 40 or 55 mphs.......
OK. Cynical rant is over. Back to reality.

In Italy small cities (and not only them...) have a consistent part of their budget based on tickets!

This means that they use all tricks to make you pay anyway.
Not only speed limits but also red traffic lights.
There have been some investigations on abuses of these methods, but we still have a lot of cities and villages using the detectors as a primary source of their cash flow!

Absurdly slow speed limits on 4 lanes roads are clearly an indication that they don't care at all about citizen's safety but only to refilling their always empty safes!

Bah!
Ciao
Ugo

Back