free website stats program Spectro Heavy Duty Oil | Harley Davidson Forums

Spectro Heavy Duty Oil

oldgeezer

What are the pros and cons of this oil? I use Spectro in my transmission, and Spectro in the primary, but use Mobile 1 in the engine.

They are great products. Is the engine oil superior to other products as well?

This one...

Attachments

• hdplat.jpg
    hdplat.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 76
What are the pros and cons of this oil? I use Spectro in my transmission, and Spectro in the primary, but use Mobile 1 in the engine.

They are great products. Is the engine oil superior to other products as well?

This one...

I would not hesitate to use the Spectro engine oil in my engines. Unfortunately, I can not get the Spectro fluids locally on a regular basis and have to order them on the internet. I can get the Mobil 1 VTwin engine oil much more readily. So I use the combo you are using too: M1 VTwin in the engine, Spectro Primary in the Primary, and Spectro 6-spd in the tranny.

TQ

The Spectro engine oil is on par with the Mobil 1 v twin but the trans oil is far better than others.

Why pick an engine oil that is hard to find? There isn't a bad oil out there. I have over 106K using dino oil. If the engine were new I would switch to Mobil 1 V Twin that is available at many auto stores.

Why pick an engine oil that is hard to find? There isn't a bad oil out there. I have over 106K using dino oil. If the engine were new I would switch to Mobil 1 V Twin that is available at many auto stores.

Spectro oil is easy to find. If not available locally then try Bob's cycle supply, just google them. They have a good price and the shipping is cheap.

The Fun Bike Center here in Lakeland, Florida has the Spectro synthetic motor oil..12.98 per quart..if anyone is interested.

That's all I use is Spectro. I know when I'm going to change it so I order it in advance. You can order right from them at Spectro.com. Mine was here the next day, they really do a great job processing orders.

Back