Spectro Heavy Duty Oil

Discussion in 'Oil' started by oldgeezer, May 2, 2010.

1. oldgeezer

oldgeezer Active Member

What are the pros and cons of this oil? I use Spectro in my transmission, and Spectro in the primary, but use Mobile 1 in the engine.

They are great products. Is the engine oil superior to other products as well?

This one...

Attached Files:

2. TQuentin1

TQuentin1 Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator

I would not hesitate to use the Spectro engine oil in my engines. Unfortunately, I can not get the Spectro fluids locally on a regular basis and have to order them on the internet. I can get the Mobil 1 VTwin engine oil much more readily. So I use the combo you are using too: M1 VTwin in the engine, Spectro Primary in the Primary, and Spectro 6-spd in the tranny.

TQ

3. glider

glider Veteran Member

The Spectro engine oil is on par with the Mobil 1 v twin but the trans oil is far better than others.

4. Fossil

Fossil Active Member

Why pick an engine oil that is hard to find? There isn't a bad oil out there. I have over 106K using dino oil. If the engine were new I would switch to Mobil 1 V Twin that is available at many auto stores.

5. harleypr

harleypr Account Removed

Spectro oil is easy to find. If not available locally then try Bob's cycle supply, just google them. They have a good price and the shipping is cheap.

6. Mavagrand

Mavagrand Senior Member

The Fun Bike Center here in Lakeland, Florida has the Spectro synthetic motor oil..12.98 per quart..if anyone is interested.

7. glider

glider Veteran Member

Great price, buy it all up :D

Seen it priced over $20 in some places.

8. Mavagrand

Mavagrand Senior Member

Too rich for me, I'll stick to M1. That stuff better be good at that price.

9. glider

glider Veteran Member

I used Mobil 1 before switching to Spectro and I could tell a difference in shifting, It's only ONE quart for a change.

10. pgcris

pgcris Member

That's all I use is Spectro. I know when I'm going to change it so I order it in advance. You can order right from them at Spectro.com. Mine was here the next day, they really do a great job processing orders.