free website stats program Spectro 6 speed tranny fluid | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Spectro 6 speed tranny fluid

I will add my 2 cents Spectro is the best put it in my SG at 4000 K only thing I use . I have a question if redline is full synthetic why does it smell like 90w gear lube? :D

I was told that the anti-wear additives make the odor and it has plenty of that.. I have used redline shockproof in a 6 speed conversion gear set-up that many say Isn't great.. I put over 60,000 miles on the Tanny and never once had Any metal on the magnet plug.... Tranny worked just like new when I got rid of that bike.

redline shockproof is a 75w250 gear oil with a lot of Smell!

bubbie

The smell using Redline blew me away at first but I'm used to it now. I can't find Spectro tranny oil anywhere. Motor oil is everywhere. They always tell me if I order a case, they'll get it...I just put Amsoil in my new Limited as Dealer has it. Clunking almost eliminated. If it holds up in the heat, I'll start using it. If I run across the Spectro, I'll try it as a comparison when I do the next oil change. I do my own in between changes and when the warranty finally runs out.
WAP.gif

Back