free website stats program Solo saddlebag on Street Bob | Harley Davidson Forums

Solo saddlebag on Street Bob

ugocon

I'd like to add a single saddlebag on the left side of my Street Bob 09.

I looked around and I didn't find much to choose from...

My perplexity is about the istallation: since the rear fender is "naked" what do I need to attach the saddlebag to the bike?

Do you have any suggestion about models available and installation?

Thank you and ciao
Ugo

Try going to one of the sportster forums out in internet land. I've seen one that is sort of shaped like a pistol holster but larger( designed for the left side of the bike). Sounds like what you're looking for.

After an extensive search, couldn't find a suitable bag: either it was horribly shaped to avoid light relocation or just needed it.
Nah!
Then, by chance, I happened to find this site

Ends Cuoio

They're located in a very nice village not far from Rome.
I went there with my Dyna and found the solution finally! :Banane17:

No light relocation, just use a couple of belts to attach to the bar on the rear fender.

To secure the bag more safely, I used the bolt between the shock and the turn light, substituting it with a slightly longer one (you need to make a hole on the bag, obviously, but it's extremely easy).

The saddlebag is of prime quality leather and very large in capacity.

You can choose among different models and also ask for a customization (flames, skulls, etc,)

I asked the owner the permission to post the link: it's in Italian, but just mail them for any info.

I paid the bag 400 Euro but I think it's worth the price.

Here are some pictures of my Dyna with the saddlebag mounted.

P.S. I LOOOOVE the small pocket bag on the rear side of the saddlebag!!! :p

Attachments

• Resize of 09082009039.jpg
    Resize of 09082009039.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 58
  • Resize of 09082009041.jpg
    Resize of 09082009041.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 45
  • Resize of 09082009042.jpg
    Resize of 09082009042.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 45
  • Resize of Rotation of 09082009043.jpg
    Resize of Rotation of 09082009043.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 43
  • Resize of 09082009044.jpg
    Resize of 09082009044.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 43
The bag is pretty nice, and has a lot of storage, but I have to ask the question, why one bag instead of two? Like most touring guy' philosophy "--you can never have enough storage when doing long distance rides..."! Some put a metal "trim" rack on the exposed rear fender as well for the "sundry items"...

Last edited:
looks like it just runs into the shock and belt guard, no extra supports.

Newhd, I've seen a fair number of solo bags in Italy,
Not for long rides, but enough for a jacket and rain suit, which you do need out here.
I guess it's what the cool kids are doing :)

p.s. Hobbit, prolly cheaper for you to come and get it, rather than them ship it.
Priced some stuff from UK to here.. ugh...

Back