free website stats program Solo saddlebag on Street Bob | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Solo saddlebag on Street Bob

why one bag instead of two?
I bought a bobber, not a bagger :s
I think the Dyna, and the Street Bob in particular, is an "uneven" bike, thus pipes on the right and bag on the left!
You can add a bag on the right side, anyway, but you need to mount a support.

do you have to add a saddle bag support?to stop it swinging into the rim?
the innovation of this bag is that ...it doesn't swing! :s
The leather is thick and there is a PVC and metal frame inside.
The shape is "carved" so to surround the shock.
There's enough space to let the belt pass between the bar and the fender: just loose the bolt to insert them.
With the sole belts, well tight, its already enough firm. If you want it "stiff" just make a hole on the bag and use the bolt on the fender as an additional fix (a little longer than the stock: couple of cm more to compensate the thickness of the leather layers)
If you want they provide also a support, even removable with key, but this will put the bag farther from the bike, losing one of the advantages: a slim profile
If you look at the pictures I posted, the last one shows from above how tight is to the fender (you can see the two belts and also the bolt)

which bag is that and do you know if the ship to the uk
It's the fourth in the first row (mod. dyna): click and you'll see it together with another type, the one with the 8 ball on it (but you can have it plain or with another thing on it)
Yes, they ship abroad but they're not equipped with e-commerce yet: I think you just find an agreement via e-mail

i see an excuse to blast thru Europe LOL
Good point! The place where they're located is very nice... but of course you have to pass through Rome first :s

Seriously, they told me that since they "invented" this bag (fits the Dyna's shock, no need of light turn relocation, no need of support) they can hardly stay behind the orders: they delayed their summer holidays.
They do the bags manually and they stopped doing anything else (belts, non-bike bags, etc) to work on this.

Beer's cold out here, and very good too...

straight from Germany ;)
True! But I just had a Bud, right now!
:D

Ciao
Ugo

Hi Guys,
have a look at this site for solo bags. garageleathers Ive ordered one for my 2006 street bob. its still in UK customs at the moment. I beleve it hangs from the fender mount, theres some good photos on their web site, and has been a few good reviews of these bags in american bike mags. also a very good service from the owner.
cheers jimmy21

Hi Guys,
have a look at this site for solo bags. garageleathers Ive ordered one for my 2006 street bob. its still in UK customs at the moment. I beleve it hangs from the fender mount, theres some good photos on their web site, and has been a few good reviews of these bags in american bike mags. also a very good service from the owner.
cheers jimmy21

I just ordered one for mine, thanks Jimmy!

Back