free website stats program Smart Siren II installation | Harley Davidson Forums

Smart Siren II installation

dogdad

Just installed the Smart Siren II on my 08 RKC. I followed the guide and pics posted by Glider....Did it in 5 minutes. I did ask my HD master tech about the 40 amp fuse and disconnecting the battery. He does not pull either the fuse or disconnect the battery as there is no need to(according to him). So I didn't and it worked fine. Thanks Glider for the pics. Now I need to program my remote.

Just installed the Smart Siren II on my 08 RKC. I followed the guide and pics posted by Glider....Did it in 5 minutes. I did ask my HD master tech about the 40 amp fuse and disconnecting the battery. He does not pull either the fuse or disconnect the battery as there is no need to(according to him). So I didn't and it worked fine. Thanks Glider for the pics. Now I need to program my remote.

You may want to let the internal standby battery charge up and and then test it to be sure it kicks in and is OK.

You may want to let the internal standby battery charge up and and then test it to be sure it kicks in and is OK.

Hoople ,,can you be more specific,,,,what internal battery,,,,thought it was just a replaceable battery,,,,,are ya just joshing me? have to ask.

My Siren II module has a 9v rechargeable (internal to siren) standby battery, If it is charged up, and you pull your Maxi fuse (with key off) the alarm will blast. The system monitors anyone from disconnecting the battery in order to defeat the alarm. Since you said the dealer did not remove the fuse, it makes me think your rechargeable battery was dead. Just wanted you to charge and test it to make sure the backup kicks in.

I have the smart siren II and the battery powered pager II. I have not seen anything that says the batteries are rechargeable on either unit. They do sell another pager receiver that comes with a rechargeable battery.
I left my fob in the house , went and sat on my bike and the chirp went off, so the battery is good.

I left my fob in the house , went and sat on my bike and the chirp went off, so the battery is good.

No, it may not be. How I understand it, the internal 9v battery is only used when the Bike battery voltage is missing. To test the internal battery, just pull the Maxi fuse.
That tells the system to sound using the 9v battery. You will notice the system is louder using the bike battery than when you are on the standby battery.

Only reason I bring it up is because a couple of weeks back, a member had a brand new Siren kit with a Bad battery. Though maybe you should check it.

No, it may not be. How I understand it, the internal 9v battery is only used when the Bike battery voltage is missing. To test the internal battery, just pull the Maxi fuse.
That tells the system to sound using the 9v battery. You will notice the system is louder using the bike battery than when you are on the standby battery.

Only reason I bring it up is because a couple of weeks back, a member had a brand new Siren kit with a Bad battery. Though maybe you should check it.

Glider ,, can you add anything to this ?

My Siren II module has a 9v rechargeable (internal to siren) standby battery, If it is charged up, and you pull your Maxi fuse (with key off) the alarm will blast. The system monitors anyone from disconnecting the battery in order to defeat the alarm. Since you said the dealer did not remove the fuse, it makes me think your rechargeable battery was dead. Just wanted you to charge and test it to make sure the backup kicks in.

Hoople ,,my bad,,,,You are correct. There is a rechargeable NiMH battery. Instructions say to recharge the battery,, operate your bike for a minimum 4 hours. Thanks for the heads up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back