free website stats program small dot helmet | Harley Davidson Forums

small dot helmet

i was in an accident last nov.ever since then my girlfriend is giving me a hard time about wearing a helmet. can anyone give me some ideas on small dot helmets? i've tried the carbon fiber one from the one web site and it doesn't fit my head right. thanks.

watch the ice.....

I would suggest going to the HD Dealer or any other store and find out if they know how to fit helmets. My local dealer won't sell a helmet unless they fit you to it. They try to help you understand how it should fit so it doesn't flop around on your head. Once you get a good place to start with size and such then go find the best deal on a helmet you like. That's my 2 cents.

the only places around are hd dealerships and places that have sport bikes w/crazy helmets

Try some of the aftermarket accessory chain stores like Cycle Pro and local dealers including Harley dealer. There are tons of brands that are DOT approved and buying from a bricks and mortar store is really the best way as even helmets of the same brand and size vary slightly. It should fit snug so that it is very hard to twist off and fit level front and back if half helmet. Some have neck curtains, flow thru vents and snap on shields in clear or tinted. The 3/4 helmets offer more warmth and protection (quieter around the ears also), full coverage helmets where the front half hinges up so you can drink your morning cup of joe...enjoy your search. :newsmile020:

i had tried their helmets,(the advanced carbon composites) that is who i was refering to. it seemed the helmet was too round for my head..
on another note i do own a few helmets, full face and a half helmet. i wore a non dot helmet for the longest time. just trying to find a dot that feels similar. i'm sure i probably never will. just wondering what everyone else is wearing.

they had sent three different size pads and none seemed to fit right. an odd shaped head maybe. there is a web site skull screamers that i know claim to have the smallest dot helmet. i'm just a little shady of ordering from them.

Back