free website stats program small dot helmet | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

small dot helmet

I know it may sound silly to you ,but you can buy foam pad kits from any bicycle shop,try that:D

When I ordered mine I went by the sizing chart and the helmet was too small and round. It probably would have fit perfect had my head been shaped right, lol, so I sent it back for a size up and messed with the foam a bit. A cut here and trim there and now I have it dialed in perfect

I just looked to see where Pittston, PA was in relation to Columbus, OH... you are about 7.5 hours out -- BUT, if you want to take a nice road trip to the IRON PONY just north of Columbus; you can try on a ton of helmets! 1/2, 3/4, full -- whatever. Lots of different manufacturers and big ranges in prices. Go to: www.ironpony.com and check it out.

Up here in Canada you have to wear a helmet everywhere. I have always hated the way half helmuts make you look like GIZZO ( I think I spelt it right LOL ), anyways I finally found a helmut that fits really good, looks good and best of all is probably the No.1 helmut out there ( as far as half helmuts go ). The name of the make is SEER, give them a try I'm sure you will like. Keep in mind these are pricey $400 Canadian but this is your head thats going in there. These helmuts are used by Police ETF/SWAT/Motorcycle so they have a pretty good rep. Check 'm out and good luck. JMHO

Arai makes three different shaped shells as well as various sizes. You can select the shell based on your head shape.

In terms of type (full vs. 3/4 vs. half) it's a matter of whether you're buying the helmet for safety or for appeasing your girlfriend. The most frequent point of impact from MC accidents is on the left or right chin. Next most frequent is the temple. Lastly the top of the head. So, it's pretty clear that you're trading off safety for comfort big-time, given the statistics.

Yeah, I've always had full-face helmets up until I got my Street Bob. Since the speedo and turn signal indicators are on the tank I can't see them unless I rotate my head down. So the full-face helmets are safer in an impact, but It would suck to get in a wreck 'cause I was moving my head down all the time.
So I just bought an HD half helmet (this one) Then after riding around a bit realized it's just too big. It catches too much air, the straps on the left and right block my vision, and the wind noise is deafening.
So, I'm returning it and I just ordered one of the Carbon Fiber Polo DOTs with leather ear flaps.
Link.

Back