free website stats program Slip Ons?? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Slip Ons??

I've got to agree with Smitty on this one, and I'm truly not trying to be mean. But if you don't know what a fueler or a TFI is, then you don't need to be rushing out and buying just any old set of slip ons.

Spend some more time perusing our Self Help Tips, especially the engine and fuel sections. Read about all the different brands of slip ons and baffles available.

Take your time so you only have to buy the one set!

Thats what I've been looking at today. I was told by the dealer who did the intake and stage 1 that I could put any pipe on that I wanted. Now I am seeing things a little different, yeah any pipe will fit but obviously not going to be optimum performance without a fueler. This site is truly great! But now which fueler? Obviously I will do more upgrades to the bike and don't want 2 of those either???? Appears the RevTech would be a good option. Any thoughts on those???

But now which fueler?

I think that you will find that many forums like these have a tendancy to steer you towards a particular product. Sometimes it's simply due to a "follow the leader" syndrome..or maybe it's just a result of a sponsorship loyalty.

There might even be a poll thread somewhere here to show which fuelers are most popular on this forum? But then if you go to another forum, you might find that another fueler is more popular. Who knows why.

Bottom line is that there are lots of options and most people are going to support whichever choice they made for themselves. Human nature. So it's definitely smart to widen your overall search horizons well beyond the limits of a single forum if you want to get all the information available before making your decision.

For example, I am personally partial to the Dynojet products and currently run a PCV. Very user friendly and I am able to make adjustments via my laptop. I also am a big fan of Jamie and Kieth over at Fuel Moto. I can safely say that the guys at FM know more about fuelers and exhaust than 99% of all the keyboard commando's in the world. But that's just my opinion.

Anyway... lots of choices out there so good luck!

Thats what I've been looking at today. I was told by the dealer who did the intake and stage 1 that I could put any pipe on that I wanted. Now I am seeing things a little different, yeah any pipe will fit but obviously not going to be optimum performance without a fueler. This site is truly great! But now which fueler? Obviously I will do more upgrades to the bike and don't want 2 of those either???? Appears the RevTech would be a good option. Any thoughts on those???

EFI Tuner Comparisons - Harley Davidson Community have a read here first

I just got a set of new to me d&d slip ons for my ultra, they have a deeper sound, and didn't seem too obnoxious but I couldn't go more than around the block with all the ice on the roads, I had put a tts on the bike last year with a zippers air cleaner setup, this year she will get a dyno tune.

I think that you will find that many forums like these have a tendancy to steer you towards a particular product. Sometimes it's simply due to a "follow the leader" syndrome..or maybe it's just a result of a sponsorship loyalty.

There might even be a poll thread somewhere here to show which fuelers are most popular on this forum? But then if you go to another forum, you might find that another fueler is more popular. Who knows why.

Bottom line is that there are lots of options and most people are going to support whichever choice they made for themselves. Human nature. So it's definitely smart to widen your overall search horizons well beyond the limits of a single forum if you want to get all the information available before making your decision.

For example, I am personally partial to the Dynojet products and currently run a PCV. Very user friendly and I am able to make adjustments via my laptop. I also am a big fan of Jamie and Kieth over at Fuel Moto. I can safely say that the guys at FM know more about fuelers and exhaust than 99% of all the keyboard commando's in the world. But that's just my opinion.

Anyway... lots of choices out there so good luck!

Definite +1 on this one... After riding a Honda VTX-1300 (my first bike) I bought a '11 Fatboy shortly followed by a PCV. This came after talking to a number of friends who have bikes with fuel injection. Still doing my proper due diligence with regards to exhaust (leaning toward V&H chrome pro pipes--a 2:1) and will definitely upgrade to the SE stage 1 intake. Now, if they would just release the self-tuner for the PCV!

At the end of the day, a little research is worth it's weight in gold when it comes to spending hard-earned cash on bike improvements!

Den :bigsmiley18:

I have a 2009 Road Glide with Rinehart slip ons. The sound and dbs are nearly perfect. Rineharts are a quality and expensive product but, worth the investment. They fit and finish is as good as it gets.

take it from someone who has tried numerous exhuast combo's, i finally found the setup i like, looks wise and sound wise... I have vance and hines true dual head pipes into vance and hines twin slash rounds, the sound is aboulutely perfect, nice and loud to. My friends with there big money rhineharts wish they went my route lol

I have a 2009 Road Glide with Rinehart slip ons. The sound and dbs are nearly perfect. Rineharts are a quality and expensive product but, worth the investment. They fit and finish is as good as it gets.

did u do a fueler or a/c or just slipons
WAP.gif

Back