free website stats program slip ons | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

slip ons

You should go to a couple bike meets or gatherings and listen to other bikes. That is really the only way to tell what pipe sounds good to you. Sitting on a bike and listening is different than standing behind a bike and listening. I went with the Krome Werks on my FatBob. I heard others but from behind, the Krome Werks slips on sounded the meanest.

HD SE's are good too - and cheap. Might want to take a look at a local dealer & see if they have a set installed so you can hear...

I have some Rush slip ons with the 1 1/2" (smallest) baffle. They are too loud for me. You might like Rush's with the 2 1/2" (largest?) baffle. Rush is not the most expensive slip ons, and the quality seems good.

Have Rush Slips with 2" on Freedom True Duals .. May not be the loudest around but don't like tickets and want to keep the peace with my neighbors ... To me sounds great and I am hard of hearing ... :)

I've ridden behind Jay and did not think his mufflers were overly loud (I didn't know they were Rush 2"). I had removed my Rush mufflers the week before because I thought they were too loud. I wish we had talked about mufflers, but we weren't together that long. Kinda puzzling ain't it? :small3d007:

Home ...These pipes are probably the best kept secret out there...if you want it loud with a deep bark...these pipes are for you and for $250 they can't be beat!...do a review search and check out all the positive replies

I have the Rush slip-ons on my 2005 FLSTCI. Sound is loud. I like Them . Go to the web page of Rush so you can hear them

200 miles from home at Latus HD in Portland today. They had a set of Rinegart Slipons in stock and I said what the heck and bought them. They are in the car as we speak. Can't wait until I get home Sunday and install them. Them along with my TFI and SE Air Cleaner...I'm set...
WAP.gif

I have a pair of Screaming Eagle II Slash Downs for sale on EBay right now, I wish I would have seen this thread. A little bit of wear and road grime, but I expect they will go cheap. I cannot post links yet to the site so PM me if interested.

Thanks,

Ron

I have a set of the older Pre EPA SE slip on's on my Electra Glide. They are deep and bark pretty good when you hammer it. But not too loud and sound good on the highway.

I had the SEII slip ons on a previous bike and they were nice. Sounded like a dragster when you got on it with the cam and other goodies.:D

Back