Slip-ons versus Full pipes

Discussion in 'Dyna Models' started by DynaBob09, Sep 9, 2010.

1. DynaBob09

DynaBob09 Active Member

I have been trying to plan a Stage 1 for my Fat Bob. I was planning on buying slip-ons such as Rush 2.0 or Khrome werks. I really like and want to keep the look of the stock exhaust and headers. I was wondering if I will be missing out on significant power gains by not getting full pipes and headers (Vance & Hines etc...)? I do not care for overly loud pipes so sound is not the issue here.

2. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

Slip ons are fine and easy to install, Rush is a good choice:s

3. R. Lewis

R. Lewis Senior Member Retired Moderators

JMO --- I dont think it will hurt a thing to go with just some slips. are you doing a dealer download or some kind of fuel mngmnt product?

4. DynaBob09

DynaBob09 Active Member

I want to get the SERT and a AC.

Would you know which pipes are louder? Rush 2.0 or Khrome Werks? Did not want them to loud. Just deeper and a little louder than stock.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2010
  5. dbmg

dbmg Experienced Member

Unless changing exhaust to 2-1 you are probably going to increase noise considerably. Installation of slips on is a easy upgrade. Check out a local bike night and it might help you decide. If changing complete exhaust fueler will be needed. Might want 1.75 rush. Good luck.

6. Jack Klarich

HMMM, cycle shack turnouts with my own home made baffles no fuel added yet, some day but now just riding and smiling:s

7. sprinklerfitter669

sprinklerfitter669 Junior Member

I got the rush...nice deep mellow rumble.
    you wont get sick of listening to them

8. DynaBob09

DynaBob09 Active Member

Thanks for the input guys. Another thing. The dealer by me does not Dyno bikes. Is it necassary to Dyno for Stage 1 with the sert. I would do the labor myself, if a dyno was not necassary.

9. Jack Klarich

Save your money for other goodies:s

10. sprinklerfitter669

sprinklerfitter669 Junior Member

Mine said no
    i got the SE air cleaner, rush slip ons and the download.