free website stats program Slip-ons versus Full pipes | Page 6 | Harley Davidson Forums

Slip-ons versus Full pipes

I wish I can hear the RUSH in person to compare. I would like to have something that is in between stock and the Khrome Werks. I like being heard by other cars but it's me that gets a head ache and pounding ears. It's funny because when the tech took off on my bike for the test ride, I said to myself they are not too loud. But when you are on the bike, it seems to get to me.

You said you bought the Khrome Werks slip-ons used. You may want to pull the baffles and make sure the previous owner didn't remove the sound wrap from the outside of the baffles.

You said you bought the Khrome Werks slip-ons used. You may want to pull the baffles and make sure the previous owner didn't remove the sound wrap from the outside of the baffles.

I wondered the same. I called Khrome Werks and they said the baffles are a major pain to get out and especially back in. Looking at them ,they don’t appear to be modified but I will just ask the guy who sold them to me. He seems very honest. The Khrome Werks engineer explained how to quiet them down a little. He said to put a threaded rod through the baffle with a 1" washer and locking nut on each side of the baffle. He said this will reflect sound back somewhat and reduce the volume 1 or 2 decibels without effecting performance. Contemplating if it is worth it. I may just go for a pair of SE mufflers. Not sure…

DynaBob,

Or just pop in a couple of ear plugs instead of modifying the exhaust. Cheap and easy. Helps with wind noise too. Just a thought. It's not for everyone but, for a couple of bucks, it's worth a try.

I have Cycle Shack slip ons any way of quieting them down some,

Yep you can change the baffles, The cycle shacks are kind of flimsy thats why they are so loud, they are a good product, give Big City Thunder a shout:s

Back