free website stats program Slime | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Slime

Steve,
Is AAA the best roadside program? I need to sign up soon as I am planning a 3000 mile+ trip soon. Looking for suggestions. Thanks.

I like AAA/CAA .As Kemo has posted above get the R.V. Plus membership,it is the only one that covers your motorcycle because it falls into the pleasure vehicle category,I also purchase their away from home family medical coverage on a yearly basis which covers your medical anywhere in the world as long as you are not out of Country more then 30 days at a time.

Thanks for the feed back. My main concern was to try and find something that would help me get to the side of the road if I started to loose tire pressure.

I have had both low and high speed pressure loss. Slow was below 40 MPH and had to clean the shorts after I got stopped. High speed was above 60 MPH and bike and rider went down. Bike got fixed pretty quickly, I took a little longer to get fixed.

If this can give me the few seconds I need to get it shut down and over safely, it would be worth it.

Thanks...................T-Bone :small3d022:

What about HOG's roadside assistance? Anybody used it?

I have used the HOG roadside assistance only once. When I called them they sent a truck and gave me the number of the dealer that was the closest. When I talked to the service writer at the dealership and explained the situation, it was late Saturday afternoon and they were getting ready to close. He kept several mechanics at the shop and when we got there they swarmed over the bike like a swarm of angry hornets and within 1/2 an hour we were back on the road and headed home. I certainly would recommend HOG to anyone and if you find yourself in need of help, Big Moose Harley in Portland ME is one of the best.

That sounds great. I wonder if it was just a good dealer or if they made an extra effort because HOG called them?

Back