free website stats program Slime | Harley Davidson Forums

Slime

T-Bone

We are going to take a little 4,000 mile road trip next month. Along with the normal tools I carry on the bike, and a few spare this and that things. I thought about putting some in the tires. Any thoughts, comments and\or stories would be welcomed.

Thanks................T-Bone

Last edited:
We are going to take a little 4,000 mile road trip next month. Along with the normal tools I carry on the bike, and a few spare this and that things. I thought about putting some in the tires. Any thoughts, comments and\or stories would be welcomed.

Thanks................T-Bone

Another option is "Ride-on" not only seals but balances too, or so they say in Rider Magazine. Just google ride-on tire protection system

Be careful with the tire additives. They are OK as a temp fix to get you to a dealer but there are a lot of dealers that will not work on a bike with any additives in the tires. It makes a mess of their machines when they dismount a tire.
There's no substitute for a good professional balancing job over and above the use of the slime, beads and other things that people put in their tires.

slime will shake ya to death to used it on 4 wheeler once and thought my filling were going to fall out

I carry a can of puncture seal on long trips,figure it will get me to the next dealer,thats as far as I would want to go with any of these additives in my tires

I have used a sealant in a tube tire Bud and the ride was as smooth as ever. I am using a sealant now in my tube tire and am very pleased with the results. I wouldn't use it in a tubeless though. I just figure if I am out riding 50miles in the country I would hope that my sealant would help me out. Steve I don't know much about your can of air but I don't think it is much cleaner than the sealant.

Also have used the AAA & CAA roadside for my Buell when the belt went bad. They sent out the first flatbed that took me to the U.S. & Can. border and then I had to order another flatbed from Canada to come across the border to pick me up and take me home. No problem, they even paid the toll fee for the bridge. I recommend it. It is the RV Plus plan that I have.

Back