free website stats program six speed | Harley Davidson Forums

six speed

hrd3kids

i would like to add a six speed tranny to my 05 flstci heritage any sugestions: brand, direct drive,overdrive,raito etc

Why do you want a 6 speed? I have a rev-tec 6 speed and rarely use it unless I'm on the highway. I've heard great things about the baker but to be honest, I have never had an issue with my rev-tec. Use a quality tran fluid (Spectro, redline or what have you)and you shpuld be good to go. Tons of info about tran fluid on this sight. Search it.

Why do you want a 6 speed? I have a rev-tec 6 speed and rarely use it unless I'm on the highway. I've heard great things about the baker but to be honest, I have never had an issue with my rev-tec. Use a quality tran fluid (Spectro, redline or what have you)and you shpuld be good to go. Tons of info about tran fluid on this sight. Search it.

Exactly, The 6 speed is a great hiway tranny, the H D 5 speed was a very good tranny, IMO all the after market 6 speeds are good but Baker is a cut above, aint it funny Baker had the gear set first then H D said HEY we can do that too, but they mis cued on the stock (WEAK) trap door JMO and I have worked on most of these trannies

Me too 6th gear over 65 MPH on my 2008 EG. Other wise hardly use it...

Correct me if Im wrong but the baker 6 speed uses a 1:1 ratio in 6th gear. most after market 6 speeds use .89:1 or .86:1 making them an overdrive trans. The 07 and up harley trans are 1:1 6th gear ratio. But for some reason all the 6 speed trans from the catalog for 06 and older only come with the .86:1 option. Not sure why that is.

Back