free website stats program Should I wait | Harley Davidson Forums

Should I wait

Badgerw

I have my eye on a 2011 Street Glide with the 103. It is absolutely beautiful and the Merlot Sunglo color has gown on me. My question is that the 2012 models will be out in 6 months or so. Better to wait to see what new comes out or just go for it (2011)?
WAP.gif

Well, when the 2012 models finally hit the showroom floor, it'll only be 11 months or so until the 2013 models come out, and I hear they are going to be awesome! :p

Don't wait - if you've found something you love, grab it. If you wait until the 2012's come out and decide they're not for you, you've cheated yourself out of 6 months worth of riding that beautiful 2011 Street Glide!

I would wait - but that's me. You might lose your 11 though... and then not be that happy with the 12s. Also, don't think for a minute that the presence of a bunch of 12s will lower the price of the 11s. The dealers are funny that way...

When I see a bike I like I will usally buy it. If I wait for the next bigger and better bike option I would probably never buy on because I would wait to see what comes out next.:newsmile01:

I hear the 2014`s are really gonna be something,thats the year I can retire sounds like a retirement gift to me from myself....kidding aside you have no idea what the 12`s will be like I would go for it now...

I think it depends on how long you're going to keep the bike before you trade or sell it. If you're going to trade every year or two then the year of the bike makes a difference. If you're going to keep it for 5-6 years then mileage and condition mean more than the year. JMHO If it was me and the bike was the color and the ONE I wanted I wouldn't wait for the 2012.

If you really like the color , and the price is right , (it's a buyers market) , you could run the risk of that color not being available in 2012 . Just remember , moco is just like the auto mfg. , every year they change something to try and keep people trading for the newiest and greatiest thing , so like nike say --- just do it .

the touring bikes went through some pretty good changes aroung 09 or so i think any changes in the next few years will be cosmetic.

of course i just bought a 2011 103 Street Glide so i am a little bias

Me, I have to have the Bike speak to me, if it does Its over, If it makes you happy buy now, prices are good and rates are negotiable:s

Back