free website stats program Ship date? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Ship date?

I did try calling them directly. I got through their 1st line of defense but when they transferred my call, I was told that my question could not be answered and that I would have to keep in contact with my dealer.

As with all logistics, projected ship dates are just that (projected) so there's a possibility it will be met & a possibility it won't. I'd start chacking back w/the dealership on 01 Sep & call them daily for updates...keep the pressure on.

Good luck & hope they get the bike shipped early (which does happen too).

Thanks, I've been to the dealer 3 times since I placed my order. I'm starting to feel guilty! I do have faith in my dealer.

I called the dealerships that you guys submitted and the bike is no where in the US. Some dealers did a search for the bike for me. The color is available but not with the ABS and Security Package. It looks like I'm going to have to wait. The question I have is how long? My dealer gave me a ship date of 9/19. I'm just wondering if I will get it sooner or later?

The current demand for 2011s and 2012s will likely dictate how soon you can get it. If no dealer has them, you may have to wait a while. I'm sure most dealers have an order in for 2012s and those will likely get shipped first. The dealers I been to around here (western Canada) only have 2012 Sportsters. A custom bike (ABS and Security) may take a bit longer.

I had to order my 2011 Fatboy because I wanted ABS and no one had one.
I ordered it the end of Nov.2010 and got it Feb 16 2011. The dealer said it might come in early or could take 3 months and it took almost 3 months.

Can you get away with not getting the option thats holding the process up and still get the color you want ??? Just a thought...

I could but I don't want to settle. I want what I want and am willing to pay for it. I think the bike will hold it's value as well and could be a good selling point if I ever want to trade up.

Back