free website stats program Shifter arm leakage problems | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Shifter arm leakage problems

When you shift the arm it moves front and bad, the shifter arm can move in and out of the tranny by 1/16 to an 1/8 which I'm sure is just 23 years of wear, but the shifter arm and the linkage moves together. I looking around the web for "how to remove a 1992 tranny" and the parts I may need. Thanks all involved in this post, you all have been very helpful... I going to cry in my beer

When you shift the arm it moves front and bad, the shifter arm can move in and out of the tranny by 1/16 to an 1/8 which I'm sure is just 23 years of wear, but the shifter arm and the linkage moves together. I looking around the web for "how to remove a 1992 tranny" and the parts I may need. Thanks all involved in this post, you all have been very helpful... I going to cry in my beer

I should have more clear, I didn't mean in and out movement, you'll always get some of that. I meant move it in a more circular motion. The clamping of the stock lever gets worn out and will not tighten down enough to keep it firm on the shaft.

Mine was so bad I had a hard time shifting, it was like it was binding. Just a thought.

I'm back and its the weekend, received all the parts / gaskets and bearings and shifter pawl. Somehow I didn't order the main shaft bearing, and the H.D. dealer didn't have one either so I'm waiting again for parts. you know when people say "it happens for a reason" I do now, because when the spring broke I had to lock down the back wheel to remove the tranny sprocket nut, I noticed the drive pulley moving, but the wheel remained still, it was because ALL the bolts holding it to the wheel where LOOSE! The LORD does work in mysterious ways!!!! Check you bolts on the rear wheel!

Back