free website stats program Sell it or Store it? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Sell it or Store it?

I know.. Ask a Stock Broker. They never lie and are known for their Honesty.:p

That depends on whether or not the stock broker rides.:D

Personally, it would be the thought of being bikeless that would be stressful. :newsmile040: It's kinda like a security blanket.
But if you have no place to securely and stress-freely keep your bike, then sell. Better to see it go to a good home than waste away.

Then buy a cheap bike while you're in China and ride.

Then buy a cheap bike while you're in China and ride.

I bought a Cheap in $$ 200cc 5speed (new) dirt bike made in china.... Under 950$$ on sale here, Put mods of tires and wheels on it and it made a very good running dirt bike...

Hope I never Need parts for it as they are hard to get over here....

Some have said it is just cheaper to buy a new China made bike...

I know I know!!! buy American and now tell me..... ?? who makes a Good and Low priced one built in the USA ????

Must be a lot of dirt style bikes over there and Plenty of Country to see it on...

Then you'll be ready for another Big Boat when you get home...

signed....BUBBIE

I went overseas for 5 years and left my much loved bike with my brother he ran it for 2 years without looking after it then dumped it in a damp shed at my parents place
it took about 9 months of hard work and a few pennies to get the bike back to what it was (almost a full nuts and bolts restoration) but the time spent working on that bike was great bonding and we had many fine times again after that
id keep it

Brian

Sell it, and put the money somewhere that earns interest. That should help offset some of the pain of losing on the deal, and you'll have the money available when you get back. Then, when you get back you can get a new one based on what you like then. There's a good chance your tastes and desires on how you like it set up will change during those 3 years.

It's hard enough to actually look at my bike during the winter and not be able to ride. I can't imagine 3 years and not even seeing her.

If I couldn't find trusted place to let her wait, I'd sell and hold onto the memmories.

I'm sure you could still find a way to ride something while in China and then when you move back, you can search for that illusive perfect ride again.

Good luck.

Me id keep it. & id find a cycle in china & ride,, in my mind id be on the h/d. me i have one heck of an emagination... :guitar

Back