free website stats program Securing the Seat | Harley Davidson Forums

Securing the Seat

jjjtech

I searched the forum and didn't see an answer to this already. Does anyone know of anyway of securing the seat. Some sort of lock to replace the bolt or something. I had people steal the battery out of other vehicles of mine. I'm concerned that when I start traveling again, I'll get stuck in another apartment complex where I can't keep the bike locked up.
Thanks for your help.

Go to an auto parts or hardware store and see if you can find a 1/4" x20 (I think that's the size), Torx +, or Torx tamper proof screw. It takes a special torx bit with a hole in the center to remove the screw. You can get inexpensive torx + bits at Sears and other retailers. Not something the "opportunist" usually has when he's moonlight shopping. It will help, but we all know ANYTHING can be stolen.

Attachments

• torx plus.jpg
    torx plus.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 19
It takes a special torx bit with a hole in the center to remove the screw.

Therefore, you better be 100% sure you've got that special bit with you when you leave home or you ain't getting that seat off if you need to!

I'll look for that at Ace next time I'm there. Well, the bolt and the wrench.
Thanks. Great idea.

Go to an auto parts or hardware store and see if you can find a 1/4" x20 (I think that's the size), Torx +, or Torx tamper proof screw. It takes a special torx bit with a hole in the center to remove the screw. You can get inexpensive torx + bits at Sears and other retailers. Not something the "opportunist" usually has when he's moonlight shopping. It will help, but we all know ANYTHING can be stolen.

Tamper proof torx, just dont loose the driver and buy a good one, the cheap ones are just that , Capital Jack

The pin in the centre of the fitting isnt too strong a small flat head screwdriver and something to hit it with is all thats needed to get the pin out on some just the screwdriver in and jammed and give it a twist and the pin comes out
in the late 90s some it equipment used these if i had to fix it i had to get into the box

Brian

The pin in the centre of the fitting isnt too strong a small flat head screwdriver and something to hit it with is all thats needed to get the pin out on some just the screwdriver in and jammed and give it a twist and the pin comes out
in the late 90s some it equipment used these if i had to fix it i had to get into the box

Brian

Fins right,

I had to break a few of these tamper proof screws as well, then you can use a regular torx, of allen wrench
If you go this way, and someday have to break the pin...protect your fender :s

No, haven't tried it yet. Just got swayed by the talk of how easy it is to break the security of the bolts.
Still seems to be my best option though.

Back