free website stats program Seat Lock | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Seat Lock

I'm with Ice. I went with Brukus seat secure and also did the kit for new bolts on the saddle bags. The special bolt is like a hex key with a hole in the center to fit into the pin on the bolt. Not alot of money.. so I was satisfied.

Ride safe and have fun.

Yes, I did the seat & saddle secure. Was using clevasse pins on hard bags due to possible failure of stock HD twist-pins. Brukus hardware replaced these pins & is much more secure than before. Probably can replicate their parts at local HW store, but I already bit the bullet...:s

Well I'm certainly glad to hear that seat grabbing is not that prevalent. But I've often wondered if it was. I could remove my seat in 30 secs or less with a Phillips screw driver and it cost me $350 new. I'm sure (as Smitty has said) that it stolen would bring a quick $200 on ebay.

I think it depends a lot on where you leave your bike parked. If it's parked with a bunch of other bikes in crowds it's pretty safe because there is no way a thief can tell if the owner or a friend of the owner is within sight.

But there are other places, well not so safe to leave the bike there very long.

I would spend my $$$$ on more important things, like more BLING....

Back