free website stats program Sears Jack | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Sears Jack

the jack works fine on my 06 superglide ut you have to use the attachments that come with it and use it from the opposite side of the jiffy stand.

I purchased the Sears red jack two years ago while on sale for $49.95. It has worked fine for use with my lowered 06 Super Glide.

I also use the Harley Dyna Lift Adapters. Here is a link:

Harley-Davidson USA | Accessories And Apparel | Genuine Motor Accessories

The use of this jack and the adapters do require some care. The adapters are made of two separate poly pieces glued together. Because the adhesive is soft, these pieces can shift. ALWAYS secure the bike with straps when using this lift and these adapters.

I purchased the Sears red jack two years ago while on sale for $49.95. It has worked fine for use with my lowered 06 Super Glide.

I also use the Harley Dyna Lift Adapters. Here is a link:

Sears says the minimum height of their jack is 5 1/2". The blocks add another 1.5". You can actually get that setup under a lowered Super Glide. That's Great.

My jack (Harbor Freight) is 5.0" (lowest point). My FXDL is lowered 1" in the rear only and my jack won't go under the bike. (Shocks are set at lowest setting also). I already purchased the orange Block set. Those are nice. But now I will have to trade up to a Larin Lo-Profile Jack with a 2.5" low height. That would be a combo height of 4" that will just get under my bike.
What a bummer having to get another jack.
The HD jack shown in the lifting block instructions is just too pricey for me at this time.

Hoop!

The jack will slide under the bike without the blocks. I then sit on the bike, hold it upright and position the jack as I want it. Next, I tip the bike to the right and install the left side adapters, then tip it to the left to install the right side adapters.

Another suggestion to make use of the cheaper jack is to place 2" x 6" blocks infront of the tires, ride up on them, then position the jack.

Those are Very good Tips that I will try. I sure don't want to spend another $200 for the Larin Lo-Profile now that I already have spent $75 on the Harbor freight.

I don't mind spending money the 1st time. It's the mistakes that really hurt!

Hoop!

Back