free website stats program Sears Jack | Harley Davidson Forums

Sears Jack

I put my 1985 FLHTC up on one and had a hard time getting it off once it was locked into position. I couldn’t jack it up to get it out of the locked position. I had to use some 2X4’s, another floor jack and my step son to get the bike up high enough to get the motorcycle jack from under it. I have a
4X8 trailer with a ramp and I am thinking of putting my bike on the trailer and then running some beams across the side rails with tie downs to keep the bike stable. If I run into trouble I can’t handle then I can always run my bike over to the shop to bail me out. Just a thought.

Newer Dyna frame rails are different be careful

So true. I have an 09 Dyna low and still can not find a jack that fits it properly. The oil sump is Lower than the frame and the Jiffy stand is right in the middle where you want to apply your lift.
Gonna have to get a Larin Low profile (2.5" low) and make some special cradle
for it. I just don't know (??)

Anyone have a solution to lifting an 09 FXDL?

Hoop!

Last edited:
Sears offers two jacks. One sells for under a $100. The other sells for about $180 and weighs around 45 lbs. I believe the frame is made out of aluminum. I would go for the better quality jack if you have the $.

Check with HD for the frame kit they sell for jacking up dynas. Might also work on other models, but basically its some snap on (the frame) pieces that allow the jack to contact them instead of the frame allowing the lower portion of the motor to keep from getting any pressure on it when jacking the bike up.

Sears offers two jacks. One sells for under a $100. The other sells for about $180 and weighs around 45 lbs. I believe the frame is made out of aluminum. I would go for the better quality jack if you have the $.

Yap, that's the yellow one. In my previous thread on this, I was asking about the $100 one, but now I am thinking of getting the yellow one for my sportster. Planning to check it out this weekend. I really want to get the J&S one though but it's just too expensive...

Back