free website stats program Screamin Eagle Stage 1 & 2 Kits | Harley Davidson Forums

Screamin Eagle Stage 1 & 2 Kits

glider.

BOT Machine
May 25, 2005
Screamin' Eagle Stage I& II Kits
A noted increase in customer and dealer raised issues concerning the kits described below
has been noted at the Technical Service and Customer Service desks and are largely due to
introduction of parts contrary to recommendations as outlined in the P&A catalog (primarily
aftermarket exhaust mufflers or systems).
Below are some excerpts from the 2005 Parts and Accessories Catalog:
Various items to make sure you are aware of concerning the Screamin’ Eagle Stage I
and Stage II Kits;
Screamin' Eagle Stage I& II Kits are designed for use with stock exhaust on street legal
machines as described in the Parts and Accessories Catalog.
" Screamin' Eagle 103 Cubic Inch Stage I Kit (P/N 29842-03 & 04), Screamin Eagle Street
Legal Big Bore Stage II Kit for EFI Models (P/N 29850-04 & 29858-04), Screamin' Eagle Big
Bore Stage I Kit (P/N 29774-02A, 29860-04 & 29491-99C) and Screamin' Eagle Stage I Kit
for EFI Models (P/N 29773-02A & 29489-99C), contain all required hardware. All are street
legal when used with stock mufflers."
See Caution for all SE Stage I & II Kits described in the Parts and Accessories Catalog.
"CAUTION: Harley-Davidson EFI systems will not compensate for any component changes.
Do not mill heads or increase compression in any way. Do not use cams other than those
supplied in the kit. Do not change kit components. Failure to comply may result in engine
damage."
Please remind your customers of these notes, cautions and symbols used in the P&A and SE
Race Catalogs. If any part is changed from the configuration listed for that calibration you will
need to use the EFI Race Tuner Kit and it will not be “Street Legalâ€. This applies to all EFI
calibrations.
The latest information on calibration applications and the appropriate vehicle configuration
information are also categorized in our on-line calibration matrices.
May 25, 2005

I was thinking of adding Stage 1 1.) SE Ventilator Air Cleaner
2.) SE Pro Supertuner
3.) SE Fatshotz 2 into 2 slip-on mufflers.
Does this sound like a good choice ? Pros or cons ? Thanks Fastwalkin51

Welcome to the forum Fastwalkin, Sounds like a great performing, well balanced set up to me. Congrats, nice bike too, how bout some pic's when you get them on?

Thanks Chopper, I'll get some pictures soon , need to buy a camara ..Spent all my spare money on Chrome this month.. LOL

The difference between 29773-02C or 29440-99D is that the 29773-02c kit has a California CARB sticker included in the box. I have both kits on the bench looking at them now and all the parts are the same.

The difference between 29773-02C or 29440-99D is that the 29773-02c kit has a California CARB sticker included in the box. I have both kits on the bench looking at them now and all the parts are the same.
Mopar is there any difference at all between the backing plates or thickness of the filter?
I went to the catalog and got the fitments listed below, just want to check for sure the only difference is the sticker, The C makes it sound like it will not fit past 07 with the stock cover and the D says it will fit 00 & later softails with no reference to needing a accessory cover for 08 & later softails, and the D also fits flatside carbs & 09 CVO touring models with accessory cover . Harley really has a way with words, does it make any sense to you looking at them, I would appreciate your input.

29773-02C $139.95
Fits ’08-later Softail® and ’08-later Dyna® equipped with
accessory Air Cleaner Covers (stock on ’08 CVO™ Dyna).
(FLSTSB models require separate purchase of Gasket
P/N 29591-99 and Screw P/N 29703-00.) Also fits
’01-’07 EFI Softail, ’02-’07 EFI Touring, ’04-’07 EFI Dyna and
models equipped with Accessory Air Cleaner Covers.
(Stock on ’05 FLSTFI 15th Anniversary, ’05-’07 CVO
Softails, ’07 CVO Dyna, and ’07 CVO Road King® models.)
’06-’07 CVO Electra Glide models require the separate
purchase of Air Cleaner Cover P/N 29121-07. Air Cleaner
Trim is sold separately.*

29440-99D $139.95
Fits ’00-later Softail®, ’99-’07 Touring (except ’99-’01 EFI
models), and ’99-’07 Dyna® models. Also fits ’08-later Dyna
models equipped with accessory air cleaner covers. Fits EFI
models and carbureted models with original equipment CV,
Screamin’ Eagle CV (except CV51mm Super Bore), and
Flatslide carburetors. Also fits ’06-’09 CVO Electra Glide,
’09 CVO Road King, ’09 CVO Road Glide, ’08-’09 CVO
Springer and ’09 CVO Dyna models with separate purchase
of Air Cleaner Cover P/N 29121-07 or accessory air cleaner
cover. Stock on ’05 15th Anniversary FLSTF, ’05-’07 CVO
Softail, ’07-’08 CVO Dyna, and ’07 CVO Road King® models.

All the parts look exactly the same. I didn't measure them but did have them side by side looking for any difference. didn't see any difference. Installed one on my 2008 rocker and one on my 2010 Fat Boy. Stock cover fit over both. I just went to my shop and pulled the installation instruction sheet for each kit. Every part listed in the "parts list" is exactly the same.

Thanks mopar, guess one is street legal because it has the sticker in box and the other is cross flaged just because of no sticker,

Back