free website stats program Scavenger Oil Change Questions | Harley Davidson Forums

Scavenger Oil Change Questions

Dr. Dolittle

Experienced Member
Contributor
Retired Moderators
There have been many threads in the past about using the Scavenger Oil Change System to do a 100% oil change on your bike, so I'm not trying to open that debate again.

My questions are for those that are using or have used this system, or perhaps have seen it used in person. Once you hook everything up and start your bike to begin purging the last of the dirty oil, how fast is the oil actually pumping out into the container? How long did it take until the oil began to flow perfectly clean? How much extra oil did this require per oil change? Previous threads I searched for and found mentioned anywhere from 24 to 32 ounces. Does that sound about right?

Thanks!

Dr, I am using the original Scavenger Kit (RC-160) by Rouge Chopper. The kits offered are a little different for the type of engine you have. For my Dyna it takes about 3/4 of a quart to really purge out all the dirty oil.
The purging tube (output) will discharge that 3/4 quart of dirty oil in maybe 60 seconds at idle speed. It's not a steady stream of exit oil because the scavenger G-rotor is larger than the oil supply G-rotor. The HD oil pump is designed to remove oil faster than the pump can supply oil.

It does make a difference in the final color of your oil change. There is no doubt that it is a little messy to perform and it takes more time but the system does work. OverKill? Maybe but what the heck.:)

Hoople has you covered. My Heritage takes about 3/4 of a quart more oil and the clean oil comes out about 30 seconds. My oil stays clean longer also. It might be over kill but it gives me the warm and fuzzies so I always do it. I don't use the scavenger puck.

Geezer, do you use the external lines and a "bucket" to purge the old oil or any special hardware?

Geezer, do you use the external lines and a "bucket" to purge the old oil or any special hardware?

That's right, I put a plastic hose on the return line to the tank and then pump it into a bucket. I follow Glider's instructions that are in the self-help section.

The Self Help Tip tells how to do it on a Softail. Probably doesn't apply to other models.

Back