free website stats program saddlebag leather on RKC | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

saddlebag leather on RKC

Clean the bags and when dry rub in the conditioner that came with the bike, let it soak in for awhile than buff off, and use it after every time you clean them. On my 03 RKC I never had the wrinkle problem but a friend did with his 04, but I can tell you he didn't use the conditioner like I do, and he most likely has the same tub of conditioner that came with the bike. I got lazy with my 09 RKC and the wrinkle thing started, but after the conditioning they stay tight and look like new again. If you need to leave the bike outside think about bringing the bags inside to keep the moisture out of the leather.

While not trying to sound overly contentious I'd like to "voice" my skepticism about the plastic changing size very much at all over the normal range of ambient temperatures.

Over 24k miles on my '07 RKC the wrinkles coming and going were pretty much purely the result of moisture content. They always ended up tight again before it was all said and done.

Must not live in a cold climate plastic shrinks in cold . just enough to make the leather pull away . in middle of winter when its 10 degrees or so im pretty sure water aint making my tour pack expand

Back