free website stats program Saddle comfort | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Saddle comfort

Were you riding much before the Roadking purchase?

Someone mentioned this in a thread somewhere and it made sense to me. After you've ridden awhile, your backside tunes in and your muscles adjust.

After owning and riding my scoot for a year, doing many daylong and weekend trips, we were able to do a six day ride no sweat. It was around 2.5 to 3k miles but we'd worked our way up to it.

Clint, I have ridden before but its been a while. My wife has never ridden. You may be correct we may need to let our butts adjust.

Clint, I have ridden before but its been a while. My wife has never ridden. You may be correct we may need to let our butts adjust.

IMPO,seats dont get much more comfortable than the SunDowner...at least un altered seats...give it some time....good luck....:rider

I had a Mustang on my Honda, and it was good. When I got my Harley, I decided to try the Sundowner since it was considerably less expensive. I've had the Sundowner for over a year now, with 10K+ miles on it, and am very happy with how it feels. Only knock on it is the pillion is too big and bulky for my tastes.

Well, those of the guys who know me knew I'd "ditto" this one!

I've tried MANY different seats over the years, and liked some, disliked others, but in the end, ALWAYS come back to Corbin.

It takes a while to get broken into a Corbin, but once you do, it's just an awesome seat, especially for long rides, and on top of that, they look cool too....you are no longer sitting ON the bike, you are sitting IN the bike.

JMHO, of course, and there will be plenty of guys who disagree and recommend something else.....that's why it's important to sit on as many as you can before you lay out the big bucks many of these saddles will cost!

I had a 2000 KLR650 that I retired with 72,000 mils on it. 70k and change of them on a corbin with one padding replacment. I was sold after a 5000 mile journey that I purcashed it for.

I put the Sundowner on my 09 RKC. I agree that the size of the pinion looks large, but my wife really likes the size over the stock seat. We ride for hours with no trouble.

Were you riding much before the Roadking purchase?

Someone mentioned this in a thread somewhere and it made sense to me. After you've ridden awhile, your backside tunes in and your muscles adjust.

After owning and riding my scoot for a year, doing many daylong and weekend trips, we were able to do a six day ride no sweat. It was around 2.5 to 3k miles but we'd worked our way up to it.

Another thing is that your seat tends to wear to your body. I notice that I favor one side more than the other. Strange I know. But once I got a new seat and it took a little while for me to adjust.

Back