free website stats program Sacramento Area Ride? | Harley Davidson Forums

Sacramento Area Ride?

Dr. Dolittle

Experienced Member
Contributor
Retired Moderators
I will be in Sacramento twice next month on business and was thinking about renting a Harley for the day on one of the trips. Looking for suggestions on either a scenic ride or really fun roads I could do round trip in under 6 hours. Can I make it to the coast or the redwoods in that amount of time? Is Yosemite too far or too crowded on a weekday? I've already done Reno/Lake Tahoe on a Reno trip so I don't really want to head in that direction.

Thanks!

you could make it to the bay area and back in 6 hours provided traffic isn't too bad redwoods and yosemite might be tough. you could also go up through Auburn to some of the Calif gold country ... pretty up through there.

Flash,

Thanks. Definitely don't want to sit in traffic and I've been to the bay area plenty. Sounds like I'll head to gold country - Auburn, you say? Haven't had time to Mapquest it but I will.

from sac just head up 80 toward reno about 30 or so miles from there you can get off the freeway and explore the less traveled roads. maybe take 49 to pilot hill and placerville then you will hit 50 that will take you back toward sac or up through the mountails some more if you still have time left. should be a nice circle.

Last edited:
I'm back. Renting a Road Glide Thursday - wimped out last week when the temperature was forecast to be 105 degrees!

Jumped on Mapquest and planned my route pretty close to what Flashback suggested. Heading to Auburn, then south to Angel's Camp on 49, then looping into the hills on 4 through Lake Alpine and Woodfords, then back into town on 50. Weather's supposed to be high of 85 in town but only 50's up in the higher elevations - leather jacket all the way I guess!

Wish me luck!

I'm back. Renting a Road Glide Thursday - wimped out last week when the temperature was forecast to be 105 degrees!

Jumped on Mapquest and planned my route pretty close to what Flashback suggested. Heading to Auburn, then south to Angel's Camp on 49, then looping into the hills on 4 through Lake Alpine and Woodfords, then back into town on 50. Weather's supposed to be high of 85 in town but only 50's up in the higher elevations - leather jacket all the way I guess!

Wish me luck!

Good Luck Doc and enjoy your ride while your out there (pics. if possible)!!! Stay safe and let us know how it went bro!!! :57:

Back