free website stats program Sacramento Area Ride? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Sacramento Area Ride?

I've always liked riding out of south sac on 160 and it follows the american river the whole way. you can go all the way into the bay area if you wanted but if time is a concern it's a few hours to antioch and another few to get back to sac. but it's a beautiful ride that goes through these old river towns and there are some great turn of the century victorian homes out there that you never guess to find there on the river. great ride with no traffic, even during the week.

I'm back. Renting a Road Glide Thursday - wimped out last week when the temperature was forecast to be 105 degrees!

Jumped on Mapquest and planned my route pretty close to what Flashback suggested. Heading to Auburn, then south to Angel's Camp on 49, then looping into the hills on 4 through Lake Alpine and Woodfords, then back into town on 50. Weather's supposed to be high of 85 in town but only 50's up in the higher elevations - leather jacket all the way I guess!

Wish me luck!

Bring leather and layered clothing, it can get quite chilly at night (yeah for a California native), and fog can be a hazard. During the day however the central coast can be very nice. American River is very nice, went white water rafting there several times. Bring a GPS, and plan to go into some very pretty remote, fertile mining and agricultural areas, that host California gold of all kinds...you can go splunking in caverns or tour through eucalyptus and evergreen woods providing a great green canopy to see the mountains and rivers, yes the more north you go the greener things get.

Last edited:
I've done some of both Hwy 49 along the foothills and Hwy 160 on the river, enjoy them both. Other rides along Hwy 88, 89 and 4 going futher south. I have not been too far north on 49, only about as far as Nevada City. Always open to new suggestions, thanks.

Back