free website stats program running bad | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

running bad

Thanks for your Help. I am not much of a carb man, I grew up in the 70s and tried to rebuild a 4 bbl carb, It never worked again. HA HA I will try to find a good wrench and hopefully have it back to ride out the warm weather we have left. Thanks again.

Thanks for your Help. I am not much of a carb man, I grew up in the 70s and tried to rebuild a 4 bbl carb, It never worked again. HA HA I will try to find a good wrench and hopefully have it back to ride out the warm weather we have left. Thanks again.

You don't have to be very mechanical to rebuild the carb. If it is a stock Kehinen 40mm it doesn't have an accelerator pump. The rebuild kits are less that $40 and we will help you thru the work.

Bubbie, is this the one you mean?

Good Man Hoople and you even saved the muffler... Thanks:D

I TOO had a problem or two with left-over parts on a couple of my old 4 bbl days..

I agree with HD Don, you have many here that Will help you out...

Even an expert from Scotland:s fin_676, A cool dude and rides a carb bike.

Takes all kinds and countries to make-up this forum.

Stay clear of those Down-Unders we have on this forum,,, or the gas will Definitely Run Out the carb.... :small3d012:

signed....BUBBIE

You don't have to be very mechanical to rebuild the carb. If it is a stock Kehinen 40mm it doesn't have an accelerator pump. The rebuild kits are less that $40 and we will help you thru the work.

I am not sure about on the big twins but on the sportster the cv 40 was not fitted till the 88 model but may have been a few years earlier on the big twins
However most carbs of that era are fairly simple devices if a wee bit of care is taken when doing a rebuild

Brian

If the bikes been sitting for any time at all you probably have some gummed up inerds. If it sits longer that 2 weeks make sure you put fuel stabilizer and run it to make sure treated fuel makes it down to the carb. If that's what you've got the carb's got to be tore down and depending how long the gas has been in there, all the gas drained out. Let us know what you find and how it's going.

Back