free website stats program rough running engine | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

rough running engine

:newsmile04: Thanks guys! Took bike to Buffalo from Cleveland Sunday. Runs real rough but everything is in range as before trouble. Got codes from this site and all came up none. I also got on a ask a pro site and was texted that bike wont run if fuel injector leads are swapped? Can anyone verify this?

:coffee Thanks everyone for your help. I checked the leads to the injectors and they are correct. Im really baffled and sick of this. I'm done beating my brains out and triing to find an answer. Time to hang up the spurs and by a vette ragtop. 40 years on the road maybe im pushing my luck. Its sad when you put faith and trust into a brand and come up empty. Good luck and enjoy the summer.

:coffee Thanks everyone for your help. I checked the leads to the injectors and they are correct. Im really baffled and sick of this. I'm done beating my brains out and triing to find an answer. Time to hang up the spurs and by a vette ragtop. 40 years on the road maybe im pushing my luck. Its sad when you put faith and trust into a brand and come up empty. Good luck and enjoy the summer.

Did the bike have this problem since you have had it? Or was the bike running fine and then this problem came on?

I never wish I was in vette when I pass one on my bike. :D

Just a cam cover gasket was on bill. Got very unfreindly answers from tech

No excuse for bad customer interface, but he may have pulled the cam cover to check runout on the pinion shaft. To do this right though, he should have pulled the cam support plate too, which would have meant new orings for the oil pump. If he measured runout on the left side, he would have to replace the primary cover gasket as Glider said above. See here for more details:

Crankshaft Runout Inspection - Harley Davidson Community

TQ

have you tried swapping them just to see what happends? If it isnt any better you can always restore the original configuration, and then we here would have piece of mind that this wasnt the problem.

Take care,

Back