free website stats program Road trip delemma | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Road trip delemma

jaceddy, thanks for the response, that sounds like it might be worth looking into, told wife of Dr. D's response regarding the Dragon and she's thinking might be wiser to do something else.
Haven't been to W. Va. in years and never on 2 wheels, so that's a thought i'll look into.

Whoa - please don't alter your plans solely based on my opinion. I've done it once without a passenger. i was just trying to throw some info out there to help you make your decision. I just think a lot of folks head up there based solely on its reputation and don't really know what they're getting into. It's an intense road that demands 110% of the rider's attention!

Dr. D, to early to alter what doesn't yet exist (plans that is):p, looking at a number of differant options.
Tried the HOG site to map out a tentative itenerary but most of the routes I'm finding there consists of largely highways.
What is a good source to find scenic roads throughout the SE US. Prefer sweeps to twisties (especially being that I'll be 2up).
Thinking Lake City to Biloxi, Biloxi to Memphis, to Nashville to WV and points beyond. I have plenty of time to devise a teneative ride and am seeking suggestions.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

MotorcycleRoads.US - Your one-stop resource for great motorcycle roads trips in the US
Find Great Motorcycle Roads, Motorcycle Routes, Motorcycle Rides, and Tours | OpenRoadJourney.com
These are 2 that were recommended on this forum a while back, that I saved.
May I suggest that you don't overthink or overplan your route. Be flexible, and plan your route around weather reports. Pru is having a journey of a lifetime and telling us about it daily. I believe he makes tomorrows route each evening. Get a road Atlas to carry with you, and just go where you want. The grey roads are slower and usually local. Some days you may want to do highway miles, others sightseeing.

Dr. D, to early to alter what doesn't yet exist (plans that is):p, looking at a number of differant options.
Tried the HOG site to map out a tentative itenerary but most of the routes I'm finding there consists of largely highways.
What is a good source to find scenic roads throughout the SE US. Prefer sweeps to twisties (especially being that I'll be 2up).
Thinking Lake City to Biloxi, Biloxi to Memphis, to Nashville to WV and points beyond. I have plenty of time to devise a teneative ride and am seeking suggestions.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Might want to invest in one of these:

MAD MAPS Scenic Road Trips

I've got the Smoky Mountains edition that covers north Georgia, TN, KY, and western NC and it's awesome!

Ok, so when one asks for advice, one should be prepared to explore said advice.
That being said, thanks Dr. D for the advice on the regional map, just ordered and am looking forward to getting it.
The smokie regional covers most of the areas I'm interested in and with the time til the trip, ample time to consider options.
As to overthinking and overplanning the advice yesterday was spot on, am going to figure out a starting point and let nature take it's course.
Thanks for all the tips.
Bill

Back