free website stats program Road Glide vs Ultra | Harley Davidson Forums

Road Glide vs Ultra

hapbob

I really like the look of the road glide. But I heard they are not very comfortable? Anyone buy an Ultra and strip it down to a roadglide....then one day could go back to Ultra? Is this possible...Any Ideas
hap

Maybe find a dealer and rent them both or do a trial ride at a bike event. I love my RG, but never riden an UC. It took me sometime to get the seat - windshield combo just right to cut down on the buffeting. It's perfect now. I've added a drivers backrest and floorboard extenders and I could ride this bike all day w/ no ill side effects.

Good luck!

You could strip an Ultra down to a Street Glide look. The big difference is the Road glides fairing does not move with the handlebars and has a different configuration.

I really like the look of the road glide. But I heard they are not very comfortable? Anyone buy an Ultra and strip it down to a roadglide....then one day could go back to Ultra? Is this possible...Any Ideas
hap

Comfort is very subjective. I have a ROAD glide, and i find it very comfortable... you MIGHT agree... or disagree.
Best thing to do, is the every popular DEMO both... see which works for you.

IMO converting an ULTRA into a FLTR would be pricey. I think it would be cheaper upgrading the FLTR... but you'd have to do your math.

Of course you could fall prey to the rumors of the mid year release of the FLTRU

If your main concern is the comfort factor, do NOT simply go by what you've heard! Only YOU can decide if the RG is comfortable for you or can be made comfortable fairly easily - seat, bars, windshield. Demo one or, even better, rent one for an entire day. Most dealers will credit you the cost of a rental if you buy the bike in a certain amount of time.

Comfort issues aside, the main difference between the 2 bikes is fairing philosophy, lowers, tour pac, extra speakers, and intercom/CB. Oh, and some extra chrome and bling here and there.

Around $1200 puts a detachable tour pac on a RG so your main question is how do you feel about the frame mounted fairing? Many folks love it and just as many don't. One of the main reasons a lot of people don't like it is the look is so different than other HD touring bikes, but you already said you like the looks.

Bottom line - ride them both and decide. However, it'll be much easier to add the tour pac and work from a RG to an UC than vice versa.

Any bike that I've bought in the past wasn't real comfortable. I've always had to change things like bars, seat and such.

hap
========================================================
Did you typo Roadglide, when you ment to put Streetglide in? Two quite different models. Lots of people like the Streetglide look for our Electraglides. I have a Q.D. tourpack rack and a slimmer seat that looks good without the tourpack. Only takes minutes to change the look. I do prefer the look of the saddlebag guards and fender guards, so I always leave them on.

As Breeze3at said, I think you meant a StreetGlide not RoadGlide. If you ride an ultra then you definetly can't make it look like a RoadGlide.

I just bought a 2009 Road Glide, so far love it, handles just great, hit some curvey roads this weekend,tracks through tight turns like its on rails.
Had a 03 Softail before, good ride but I think this is better...
Just don't like the foot -boards, I am long legged, looking at some Jaybreak forward controls-pegs for it, anyone have them or every rode something with them?
HD doesn't have a forward control-peg set up, anyone konw of any other vendors?

I just bought a 2009 Road Glide, so far love it, handles just great, hit some curvey roads this weekend,tracks through tight turns like its on rails.
Had a 03 Softail before, good ride but I think this is better...
Just don't like the foot -boards, I am long legged, looking at some Jaybreak forward controls-pegs for it, anyone have them or every rode something with them?
HD doesn't have a forward control-peg set up, anyone konw of any other vendors
?

Begin a new thread in the appropriate section and you'll get much better responses.

Back