free website stats program Road Glide vs Street Glide Fairing | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Road Glide vs Street Glide Fairing

I just traded 06 road glide for an ultra limited. I road a 12 Road Glide first then the 13 Ultra. The buffeting of the road glide is why I switched. I feel like the Ultra is more nimble and road glide was more clunky.

If you can wait a few more months, wait and see what changes are made to the 2015 Road Glide. The rumors swirling around it are interesting; worth the wait IMHO.:D

If you can wait a few more months, wait and see what changes are made to the 2015 Road Glide. The rumors swirling around it are interesting; worth the wait IMHO.:D

I agree. I'm not 100% in the market for a new bike but I'm eagerly awaiting the new RG to see what HD does with it.

Why not get the best of both and get an Ultra Limited? You can get the quick release kit and turn it in to a water cooled street glide when you want to.

I have no idea how windy it is in Buckeye Lake, Ohio or how much riding on the interstate you do, both are factors. My son and I live in the same town in central Oklahoma, he is an engineer and uses cold logic to evaluate things. When he decided he was ready for a Harley, we selected a very windy day and he rode my Road King primarily in cross winds at highway speed. Then he repeated the test on a loaner Road Glide Ultra. He bought the Road Glide. His description of the Road Glide was that you could feel the wind push the machine a bit, much like a car, but there was no actual steering input from a fork mounted "sail" the way there was with my machine. He is correct, if the wind is over 40 mph, I stay home and on the interstates I get wobbled around a bit from the wind curling around and gusting off the semis as I pass them. Yet, he commutes to work almost daily on his scooter and has no problems either from wind or semis. If function over style is most important, I'd recommend the Road Glide. If styling comes into it, it is your decision.

I have a 08 Road Glide and I love it. I'm 5' 8" and I lower the bike 1" and purchase a Madstad windshield. No buffering and no air noise. Hear the radio just fine at any speed. Bike really handles great. P.S. Windshield is adjustable for 1 up or 2 up riding

Back