free website stats program Road Glide vs Street Glide Fairing | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Road Glide vs Street Glide Fairing

Different people like different things. I went over to the Road Glide from the batwing and I couldn't be happier. The cockpit layout is not right in your face and the fixed fairing handles the wind nicely without blowing your steering head around. If somebody wants to give me a '14 Limited I won't complain but after 30K+ miles on an RG Ultra I am convinced.

I'm extremely happy with my 2014 Street Glide Special. It handles like a dream and the new air duct design fairing reduces buffeting to a minimum. You must check it out. Good luck, any choice you make is yours.

Considering a new bike, either the Road Glide or the Street Glide. Does anyone have an opinion on the fixed fairing (RG) versus the fork mounted fairing (SG)?

Thanks,
Bob B

It's all about what you like.
I think the bat wing looks best. It woks pretty good and has all the gauges in good stops so I can easily read them
Plus the road glide faring looks too funky too me. So I purchased a 2009 FLHTCUI
WAP.gif

Considering a new bike, either the Road Glide or the Street Glide. Does anyone have an opinion on the fixed fairing (RG) versus the fork mounted fairing (SG)?

Thanks,
Bob B
Yea everyone has an opinion on this matter. In my region of East Tennessee Street glides out number Road glides hugely. Close to half of the Harleys you see on the road are Street Glides or Ultra Classics. Several years back I went to buy a Street Glide. The salesman talked me into trying our both the Street Glide and Road Glide. I'm glad he did. I came home with a shark. First off it seemed to handle better at all speeds. It felt bigger in the showroom but the Street Glide felt heavier during the test. Once moving the Roadglide felt nothing like its 800+ lbs. When attending bike rallies there are so many Street Glides that its hard to tell which one you came in on. There are jsut a few sharks in the parking lots even at large rallies. I am now on my 2nd shark a 2012 Chrome Yellow.

Back