free website stats program Riding glasses | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Riding glasses

I havent tried the Wileys but have heard good things about them.

I personally happened to be tooling around the International Motorcycle Show in Washington DC last January and there was an optician there with a booth selling riding glasses. I wear glasses and looked pretty goofy with the big James Dean goggles over them so I stopped to see what the guy had to offer. I walked away with hands down, the best sets of riding glasses I could want. I bought two pairs and one pair is prescription with the photgrade transition from yellow to black and as Mattman and Dr. Doolittle said, they didnt get quite dark enough for extremely bright sunny days so I got a pair of straight up dark prescription glasses as well. They are both the Panoptix Raptors and I love them. They also come with foam inserts and a neck strap to keep them from going very far. Very comfortable.....just my .02.

There's a show coming up in Atlanta in a couple weeks so maybe I'll get to look into this. Can you give me a ballpark figure on what you paid? Thanks!

There's a show coming up in Atlanta in a couple weeks so maybe I'll get to look into this. Can you give me a ballpark figure on what you paid? Thanks!

Hmmmm...<<searching the memory banks>> I believe it was around $250 for the transition prescription yellow to black pair and a bit less for the just dark tint ones. The guy's name is Brad and he is owner operator of eyelenses inc.

We ended up buying 3 pairs that day, 1 for my girl and 2 for me and the only issue I have is that Brad is very hard to get a hold of. Not only is he owner operator but he is at all the shows as well so if you have an issue, like I did with one of my foam inserts, it took quite a while to get a hold of him and he will actually have my new insert on hand at the show here in DC in a few weeks.

Hmmmm...<<searching the memory banks>> I believe it was around $250 for the transition prescription yellow to black pair and a bit less for the just dark tint ones. The guy's name is Brad and he is owner operator of eyelenses inc.

We ended up buying 3 pairs that day, 1 for my girl and 2 for me and the only issue I have is that Brad is very hard to get a hold of. Not only is he owner operator but he is at all the shows as well so if you have an issue, like I did with one of my foam inserts, it took quite a while to get a hold of him and he will actually have my new insert on hand at the show here in DC in a few weeks.

Thanks - good info!

I bought the panoptex .... now 7-Eye. I love them. They'll cost you a lot but if you're one that doesn't lost glasses ... then you may want to check them out. I think they get plenty dark enough for me... plus when darkness falls they're prefect for night riding.

Walt

Dr. D. do you know a link or have any info on the show in ATL you referred to?

It's January 23rd through the 25th at the North Atlanta Trade Center in Norcross. Pretty nice show - I got my leather jacket and some flags for my saddle bags there last year. Jerry Palladino, of the Ride Like A Pro DVD fame, puts on a demo, too.

Here's the link:

Great American Motorcycle Show

Maybe we should have a mini-HDTimeline get together if the weather's nice!

I really don't know where I got them but they work GREAT. They're bifocal safety glasses. I need 2.0 reading lenses to see anything smaller than license plate-sized letters closer than arms length so these are fantastic to see my speedo or the digital display. I have clear and tinted. I'm wanting to say they're made by UVEX. Best part is...FREE!

It's January 23rd through the 25th at the North Atlanta Trade Center in Norcross. Pretty nice show - I got my leather jacket and some flags for my saddle bags there last year. Jerry Palladino, of the Ride Like A Pro DVD fame, puts on a demo, too.

Here's the link:

Great American Motorcycle Show

Maybe we should have a mini-HDTimeline get together if the weather's nice!

Thanks for the info. Would like to check it out but I will be in OK the weekend of the show.

Back