free website stats program Reverse Neutral switch | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Reverse Neutral switch

Changed the light cluster out. Everything works as it should when touching the wires together. I will test it though. Try harder to believe I tried 2 switches. I have no reason to lie :) This is why this is so frustrating.

Not insinuating you lied,(just a figure of speech) just can't believe 2 other switches did not fix the problem. That would tell me it is something else causing your issue.

I know that I would like the results so that it can be shared with others.....:)

Not messed with it for a few days. Cluster is not the problem. I can only think that I keep getting given the wrong switch. It works, just in reverse. Should be a N/O when it's a N/C (or the other way around). Next time I work on the bike I'll have another go at finding the problem. Riding weather is too good at the moment :) Thanks for the inputs. Will post fix when I find it.

Just had a thought. Is all your bike original equipment wrt the tranny? Is it all HD?

I don't know if HD or others use a different neutral switch operating logic in different years, but the switches themselves are simple on/off switches. The question is whether they changed the way the switch logic operated at some point? Like "on" means not in neutral changed to "on" meaning in neutral.

Cheers,

TQ

Back