free website stats program replace air filter or get a stage 1 | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

replace air filter or get a stage 1

Is it just me, or does the K&N intake kit look just like HD's SE intake kit? Does anyone if they're the same, or different?

I found a similar situation w/HD's battery tender...after I purchased:small3d015:
========================================
If you mean the K&N shown in the link in post #3, it has an OVAL back plate, the screaming eagle ones' have a round back plate. The oval filter looks like it is larger in circumference, but the S.E. round filters look thicker. I don't know what the sq. inches of filter area is on either.
The 12 hp you gain just by adding the filter, is the same as the Hamburgers shown in the advertisements vs. the one in your bag. MARKETING :newsmile093:

I went with the SE Stage1, Why..I have a K&N on my truck and spraying it with oil is a real pain and a mess. You get just as much from a SE Stage1 without the oil and the mess.

I see how my question got off topic.

Thanks Steve07, Breeze3at & Smitty901 - sorry gocarolina95. Didn't mean to steal your thread. I'm upgrading my intake over the winter & got needed response(s) for decisionmaking.

For you, I'd go w/the new filter now & incorporate full stage-1 kit during one of your future maint intervals. This way you can work a deal w/the HD shop to save some $$$, unless you're doing own maint...:newsmile093:

Back