free website stats program Red nail polish | Harley Davidson Forums

Red nail polish

Merlynn

Red nail polish looks great on a gal but not on my tour pak. Don't ask me how... The question is how do I get it off my tour pak without ruining the finish? Help!

Goo be gone, Goop, or maybe easy with rubbing compound:s

If you asked someone that wears nail varnish how they get it off they might say nail varnish remover sounds like it was made for the job

Brian

Red nail polish looks great on a gal but not on my tour pak. Don't ask me how... The question is how do I get it off my tour pak without ruining the finish? Help!

First, is it dry which I assume it is.

Second, has it been smeared to a thin smudge by trying to wipe it, or is it thick like it was applied with a brush or spilled.

If the second above, can you carefully peel it off working under the edge with an X-acto knife?

If the first above, or the X-acto does not work, try soaking a rag with some WD40 liquid (or other penetraiting oil) or spraying a rag until saturated and then put that rag on the fingernail polish and let it sit for a few hours. You may have to add some more penetrating oil to the rag to keep it really wet on the nail polish. After a couple of hours, see if the nail polish is soft enough to wipe off or has been desolved by the oil.

If this doesn't work, find an old part or some spot on the bike that will not show, and see if fingernail polish remover damages the finish. These are usually acetone or ethyl acetate, and your finish may tolerate it. See if this can remove the fingernail polish if the penetrating oil doesn't.

TQ

Nail polish remover is 99% acetone, which I believe will eat the paint right off the pac. I'm not sure what you should use, but I'd stay away from acetone if it were mine.

Try wd or the Goo Gone first.Its enamel based and likely etched into the clearcoat.Worste case scenario is if it landed on any spot where the two colors meat,or on pinstriping.

Try the WD-40 and then something like Maguires Clay Bar might do the trick.

Back