rain gear

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by charleyhorse, Apr 22, 2011.

1. charleyhorse

charleyhorse Member

What is the best rain gear for riding without paying an arm and leg for.
    Any ideas would be apreciated.

2. glenalt

glenalt Junior Member

I use HD High Vis and love it. Keeps me dry in the worst rain.

3. kemo

kemo R.I.P

As for foot wear I use NEOS over boots. They are really water proof and go on easily.
    Ken

4. Iceman24

Iceman24 Well-Known Member

Luckily I acquired gortex from the military & it works well for me, but heard alot of good vibes from people who use Frogg Toggs...might want to check them out.

5. alto

alto Active Member

I went with the HD High Viz for wife and I..No regrets. They work great and look pretty good too.

6. stikman

stikman Active Member

Don't be skimp on your gear frog togs are good for hot weather but I have melted a few pair when contacting exhaust pipes, HD high vis is expensive but breaths works for me what ever you get it needs to breath and keep you dry, for boots I use Cruiser Works gloves are Gerbing and a Nolan modular helmet. All a bit expensive but I ride close to 20,000 miles a year and see a lot of bad weather main thing stay dry and comfy.

7. glgarrett

glgarrett Active Member

In Louisiana, it's Frog Toggs...:)

8. Sledboy434

Sledboy434 Member

I've used First Gear Rain wear but haven't ridden in an all day rain in them. They are HOT! I will save my Sheckles and eventually find a deal on the Harley High Vis suits for us both. A friend bought them in Montana last year at Beartooth Harley. He loves them. I guess sometimes you do get what you pay for. He says they are dry and not hot.

9. Old Mike

Old Mike Member

My wife and I have found HD rain gear works well in the monsoons of Northern Michigan. It rolls up into a small package and has generous amounts of reflective tape.

10. Mainah

Mainah Junior Member

I don't wear separate "rain-gear" anymore. I have found that the new textile clothes that are waterproof, armored and ventilated to be much more practical. They are comfortable and while you are changing to rain gear I'm happily riding along. Here in the northeast rain can come on very quickly, but with my textile gear I'm never wet. :D

I use Tourmaster, but there are many good brands on the market.